U.S. stocks closed lower on Monday with the Nasdaq Composite dropping over 100 points amid a decline in NVIDIA Corporation NVDA and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD shares.
Let’s have a look at the major economic events scheduled for today.
- The NFIB small business optimism index for September is scheduled for release at 6:00 a.m. ET. The small business optimism index is expected to decline slightly to 91.5 in September from previous reading of 91.8.
- Philadelphia Fed President Patrick Harker is set to speak at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury is set to auction 3-and 6-month bills at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland President Loretta Mester will speak at 12:00 p.m. ET.
- The Treasury will auction 3-year notes at 1:00 p.m. ET.
Market Volatility Increases After Nasdaq Tumbles Over 100 Points
Check out our premarket coverage here
Image and article originally from www.benzinga.com. Read the original article here.